Thursday, April 10, 2008

Amazing Homemade Oreos

These cookies are AMAZING. We had them at Shaun's mission reunion, and I am addicted. The best part is that they're really easy. Definitely consider halfing this. It makes lots.

Soft Oreo Cookies:
2 boxes devil's food chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Combine ingredients. Roll into balls and cut each ball in half. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

Cream Filling:
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Food coloring, if desired

Combine frosting ingredients. Frost on the bottom of cookie and sandwich with another to make into Oreo sandwiches. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kimmay said...

Ok, I'm being serious here (I really am): these are the best cookies I have ever tasted or baked myself! These could be sold in some kind of gourmet bakery, and I'd pay $5.00 for ONE! Thanks for the recipe :)