Thursday, April 19, 2012

Avocado-Chicken Salad


I crave this stuff ALL THE TIME now. Seriously. We've made it every week for like a month now, and I could probably eat it every day if I had an avocado tree. But alas! We've served this with crescent rolls and atop green salad, and both are yum. I prefer it on the salad though, and I'm not even a salad person. It's just so good that way. It would also certainly be good in a wrap, maybe with a bit of provolone cheese and lots of lettuce. For Easter we made carrot shaped rolls to eat this in. A bit strange, but also tasty. Or you can just eat it out of the bowl with a spoon, like I might be doing this very moment... ;)

  • 2 medium chicken breasts, lightly seasoned with sea salt and pepper, cooked and shredded (I shred it in the kitchenaid. This tip has changed my life.)
  • 1 large, ripe avocado
  • 1 tablespoon miracle whip, mayo, or something like that....
  • Fine chopped cilantro to taste
  • Lime juice to taste
  • Salt/Pepper to taste


  1. Combine shredded chicken and avocado until blended. 
  2. Add lime juice and mayo and stir until creamy and all mixed well. 
  3. Add salt, pepper, cilantro and more lime juice to taste. I used the juice of 1 lime total, and I thought it was perfect. 
  4. Chill in fridge for at least an hour and serve atop salad, in a wrap or pita bread, or in a roll. 

No comments: