Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Greek Salad

Photo from: slashfood.com/2006/09/07/greek-salad-doesnt-have-lettuce/

My friend Maggie introduced me to this YUMMY Greek Salad. We ate it with Pita Bread, and let the bread soak up the leftover juices. You may not want as much dressing as is made here.

Ingredients

  • 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
  • 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 small red or purple onion, halved and sliced
  • 1 (3.25 ounce) can ripe kalmata olives
  • 5 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Place cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and olives in a large serving bowl.
  2. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, oregano and lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
  3. Pour dressing evenly over vegetables and let marinate for about 30 minutes. (Maggie didn't let it marinate--she just dished up some and added a teaspoon on dressing, and went like that each time, and it was great!)
  4. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

torri said...

Oh my goodness, I think I need to make this right away. It looks aMAZing!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Lanette said...

It's so good, and I felt like I was eating something somewhat healthy, which was good =) Let me know how it goes for you and what you think!